Welcome to Brook-Ellis Pet Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Fountain Valley, CA
Call us at (714) 963-0440
Brook-Ellis Pet Hospital is dedicated to offering quality and personalized veterinary care.
Brook-Ellis Pet Hospital was built in 1972 by Dr. Wayne Kopit's father, Harold Kopit, DVM. Dr. "Wayne" helped design the hospital and worked for his dad while still in High School. Dr. "Wayne" then officially assumed ownership in 1985, where he has served the health needs of several generations of family pets.
Below are some of the services offered at Brook-Ellis Pet Hospital:
- Puppy and Kitten Health Care Plans
- General Health Exams/Health Certificates
- Pet Boarding Facility
- Dental Services including: Radiography, Oral Surgery,
- Extractions and Cleaning
- Non-Anesthetic dental services, on select cases
- Geriatric Exams
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- On-site diagnostic lab and pharmacy
- Parasite Control Programs
- Reptile, Rabbit and Rodent
At Brook-Ellis Pet Hospital, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.
Dr. Wayne Kopit / Dr. Heidi Tschauner
Fountain Valley Veterinarian | Brook-Ellis Pet Hospital | (714) 963-0440
18542 Brookhurst St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
If you are new or would like to make an appointment please select the button below.
If you are a current client and would like to manage your pets profile or schedule an appointment please create an account via the button below.
Brook Ellis Pet Hospital, like many businesses big and small, is concerned with the unprecedented global challenges that we are facing due to COVID-19, a novel coronavirus. Please be assured that during this time of uncertainty, the health and safety of the BEPH team members and customers is our highest priority.
In an attempt to keep all of us safe and keep our doors open to serve our clients and their pets, we have enforced the following protocols. Remember, this is to help slow the progression of the COVID-19. If anyone here becomes ill, the hospital will shut down.
Although we have always strictly followed and enforced American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) standards and hygiene protocols in our office, we have increased our procedures in regards to sanitizing. We are taking additional steps and have instituted more preventative measures with increased frequency in cleaning public areas throughout the day including exam rooms, door handles, and other frequently touched areas. We are committed to upholding the highest of standards in service and safety to our customers and employees, especially during a time of need. Our team is staying well informed by closely following up-to-date guidelines from the CDC and AVMA.
Given that social distancing is a critical practice in decreasing the transmission of any infectious disease, we are currently recommending that clients limit their appointment to one adult accompanying their pet(s). If you are in need of assistance by a friend/family member/transportation service, we ask that those providers remain in the car during your pet’s appointment.
We have instituted a protocol to see patients in the safest way possible for our staff and clients:
- We ask that all paperwork be completed prior to arrival using the forms available at https://www.brookellispethospi... and complete all necessary email communications.
- Clients are asked to call 714-963-0440 to notify our receptionists as soon as you have parked your car. We will let you know when we are ready to see you and take a history of the problem to be addressed.
- You will wait in your car and when ready to be seen and asked to come into the lobby, and a member will meet you and take your dog on a leash or carry your cat in a carrier for the doctors to examine. You will then wait in your car and the doctor will call you and discuss the findings, course of treatment and discuss a quote.
- We are limiting our reception room to no more than two people.
- We are requesting that clients do not transport pets if they are ill and they limit the number of people to one at each appointment.
We also encourage you to take advantage of our “Drop Off” appointments, to minimize contact time in our exam rooms. We will be waiving our “Drop Off’ fees during this time and we ask that you fill out our drop off forms, which are on our website, prior to bring your pet(s) into our hospital. In addition to the above changes, we have instituted increased sanitary measures, including hand sanitizers in our lobby, with multiple disinfection procedures of our common areas throughout the day. We have also educated our employees on best practices, as advised by the Centers for Disease Control in order to avoid the spread of infection.
*COVID-19 is not transmitted through our house pets, i.e. dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, reptiles*